Beame & Mencher LLP’s Food Artistry practice group represents celebrity chefs, food artisans, cookbook writers, culinary professionals, and food-focused media production companies. Brian Mencher, partner in the firm and chair of the Food Artistry practice group, brings a unique blend of first-hand experience working in professional kitchens to the representation of chefs and culinary entrepreneurs. After spending a year and half in the food-rich San Francisco Bay Area, enrolling in cooking classes and then working at a wine bar (in Berkeley, two shops down from the famed Chez Panisse), Brian returned to New York. Within a week of arriving back in New York City, Brian began staging at Bouley – a then Michelin 2-star restaurant located in Tribeca. He was soon offered a position cooking on the line as possonnier entremetier (assistant fish cook).
The firm brings its expertise in representing entertainers and entertainment entrepreneurs to the culinary world. Our Food Artistry practice group handles all matters in the culinary arts, including:
- Public Appearances – Television, Cooking Demonstrations, Online Blogging & Video Production
- Cookbook / Food Writing – Publishing Agreements
- Branding – Business Strategy, Intellectual Property Management, Trademark Registration
- Production – Television Production Contracts, Reality Programming, Work-For-Hire Agreements
- Sponsorship Arrangements – Sponsorship Agreements, Endorsement Deals
- Business Start-Up – Entity Formation, Strategic Planning
To learn more about how we can represent you in elevating your career, contact us today.
Beame & Mencher LLP is proud to premier The Legal Smörgåsbord at the James Beard Foundation in New York City on Monday, June 4th at 10:00am.